
Wednesday I went to Barnes & Noble to look for this book called, "Lie With Me" an erotic novella. So I go and look for it in the Fiction area and it's not there. So I give up my search because I'm too embarrased to ask a sales associate if they carry it another section. So I go to the music section and this cute guy that's working there asks me if I need any help I ask him if he knows anything about the books he says not really but he has a computer he can search titles with.
I tell him the name of the novel and he searches for it but calls another sales associate over to help him. This first guy is cute, he's wearing a sweater vest over a t-shirt and skinny jeans and these black, beaten up dress shoes. He kinda reminds me of Micah in a fashion sense kinda way minus the Buddy Holly glasses. The cute guy and I both wait for the other sales associate to look up the information on the computer. The cute guys glances over at me a few times. I look elsewhere and at him out of the corner of my eyes. I feel like I'm being watched and then finally the other sales associate tells me that the book is out of date and that it is discontinued, that I would have to bid for it on BarnesandNoble.com or on Amazon.com and the cute guy tells me, "Wow, it must be a pretty popular book, what's it about? I tell him I don't know that I saw a movie with the same title and I realized it was based on this book and that I wanted to read it." I become embarrassed and if my cheeks could turn red, they would be fire engine red at this moment. So I walk away and I know when I leave they will realize what the book is really about.
When I finally leave the mall I realized I have two missed calls from Robert as well as a text from him saying we have to leave now to meet his Dad at Souplantion asap. We went it was awkward. Then we went to see the movie and it was awkward too because Robert wanted to hold my hand and stuff. He really likes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment